Many women are satisfied with the size of their breasts, but want to correct the sagging.
Several factors can this lead to this breast ptosis: pregnancy and breastfeeding, significant weight loss, age and genetic factors (which are responsible for breast ptosis and/or downward-pointing nipples).
A mastopexy, also known as a breast lift, can improve the shape of sagging breasts or correct their asymmetry.
During the intervention, it is possible to reduce breast size for women who want this done or perform a breast augmentation by using breast implants.
“Note: These photos are published for information purposes only in order to provide information on the nature of the intervention. In no way should they be considered a guarantee of results.”
Depending on the morphology of the patient, different types of incisions can be used: vertical, around the nipple, or anchor-shaped. The mammary gland and nipple are repositioned and the surplus skin is removed. When necessary, the nipple is reduced in size. Absorbable sutures will be used to meticulously close the incisions, to make the scars as unnoticeable as possible.
- The dressings will be removed during the postoperative visit, 5 to 10 days following the operation (another postoperative visit will take place 6 weeks after the operation). There will be swelling and bruising on the breasts for approximately 2 weeks.
- It will be recommended to wear bras without underwires or camisoles with built-in bras for 6 weeks.
- Although healing takes place during the 3 months following the surgery, the results will not be final until a year has passed. As for the appearance of the scars, they will be red for two months, then will gradually turn white over the next 12 months. To improve their appearance, it will be recommended to apply vitamin E three times a week starting the fourth week.
- You can usually return to work 1 to 2 weeks after the procedure if you have a desk job, but if you do physical work, you will have to wait longer (up to 4 weeks).
- Wait 3 weeks before engaging in cardiovascular activities, 4 weeks for sports activities and 6 weeks for contact sports.
Would you also like to redefine your figure or eliminate fat deposits located on a specific area of your body? Learn more about liposuction.