The skin under your chin should be smooth and tight, but with the passing of the years, fat sometimes builds up in this area, resulting in a double chin.
Neck liposuction permanently removes the excess fat under the chins of patients with firm, good-quality skin. During your consultation, Dr. Bergeron will recommend the treatment that is most appropriate for you.
“Note: These photos are published for information purposes only in order to provide information on the nature of the intervention. In no way should they be considered a guarantee of results.”
The surgery, which takes from 30 to 60 minutes, is performed under general anaesthesia. Small 4-mm incisions are made in unnoticeable places (these vary, depending on the patient, in order to ensure optimal healing and inconspicuous scars) to insert the liposuction cannula, which will suction out the unwanted fat. The intervention can be paired with a face lift.
As an alternative to surgery for some patients, Dr. Bergeron can use Belkyra, a new product that is injected into the neck to dissolve the fat.
- The neck will be swollen for about 2 weeks. To reduce swelling, it will be recommended to apply ice for 20-minute periods and to keep the head elevated at a 30º angle at all times for 2 weeks (it will be necessary to sleep in a semi-upright position).
- A postoperative appointment will take place 5 to 10 days after the surgery.
- You can start working 1 week after the surgery (2 weeks for those working with the public).
- Wait 3 weeks before resuming cardiovascular activities, 4 weeks for sports activities and 6 weeks for contact sports.
- It takes 3 to 4 months to see the final result.