WHY CHANGE YOUR BREAST PROSTHESIS?
There are different reasons for having breast implant replacement surgery:
- Perforated or deflated implant
- Deformed implant
- Capsular contraction (fibrous capsule that hardens the breast)
- Change in size of the implants
Breast implant manufacturers offer warranties for their implants and replace them free of charge if they are defective. Some manufacturers also refund a portion of the surgical costs incurred.
During your consultation with Dr. Bergeron, be sure to bring with you the operative protocol of your last breast augmentation surgery as well as the information card on your implants. This will allow us to determine if your implants are covered by a manufacturer's warranty program.
“Note: These photos are published for information purposes only in order to provide information on the nature of the intervention. In no way should they be considered a guarantee of results.”
The intervention, which takes approximately 2 hours, is performed under general anaesthesia. The implants can usually be changed through the original incision and the scars corrected if needed.
Even if only one of the implants needs to be changed, it is often preferable to change them in both breasts at the same time to achieve a more symmetrical result.
- A dressing will cover the incisions and temporary drains will be placed under the skin to facilitate drainage of fluid and blood. They will be removed during the postoperative visit, 5 to 10 days after the operation.
- It will be recommended to wear bras without underwires or camisoles with built-in bras for 6 weeks. It will also be necessary to sleep on your back for two weeks to avoid causing the implants to move.
- You can usually return to work 1 to 2 weeks after the procedure if you have a desk job, but if you do physical work, you will have to wait longer (up to 4 weeks).
- Wait 3 weeks before engaging in cardiovascular activities, 4 weeks for sports activities and 6 weeks for contact sports.
Would you also like to enhance your facial features, increase your lip size or reduce your wrinkles? Learn more about our injection techniques and enjoy fast and immediate results.